Sunday 15 May 2011

Mornington Peninsula Holiday

 
Yeah, I know. REALLY unique and imaginative title. Wow. Anyway, on Monday my family and I drove to Mornington Penisula for a mini-holiday (four days). It was-get ready- a 5 HOUR DRIVE!!! Yeah, I was bored, but luckly no one threw up. Mornington Peninsula is this beautiful place by the sea (it was too cold to swim. Face it people- it's Autumn ). We rented a really beautiful holiday house, and my little (well, not so little) cousin was especially happy because it had a PlayStation.
On the first day we just walked around and then had dinner at a restaurant. On the second day we took a boat to Queenscliff and enjoyed the day there. On the third day we took a walk on some of the beaches. On the last day (my birthdayy - I turned...14!) I went down to the beach and collected a HEAP of white shells. I'll tell you what I'm gonna do with them later...
Actually, we went to the beach EVERY day. On one of the days we saw... a seal! A wild one, right under the pier! It was SOOOO cute! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I couldn't take a picture (stop boo-ing!) so I got this pic of the Internet.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my report on my holiday! Please do comment!
Oh yeah! I've decided not to have a Coraline blog. So sorry!

2 comments:

Anna said...

you got to see a seal? wow.
i always think somethings are great even when not captured on camera. if not better.

Cliona said...

I've never seen a seal... *sad face* Glad you had a good holiday!